The Yothu Yindi Foundation invites applications from hard-working volunteers with the enthusiasm and energy to help stage Garma 2017 – Australia’s premier Indigenous cultural exchange event. The 19th annual Garma will take place from 4th – 7th August 2017, at the Gulkula ceremonial grounds in North East Arnhem Land, 40 kilometres from the township of Gove, Northern Territory. Volunteers play a pivotal role in the delivery of Garma and the functioning of the many daily activities and events. Volunteer positions available in 2017 are:
Applications closes on Friday, 21 April 2017.
Volunteering at Garma is a rewarding, insightful and unique experience. The delivery of Garma will involve long hours of outdoor work, and applicants need to be relatively healthy and fit to match our Garma crew. Many of our volunteers work closely with our site and ticketing teams. In return for your volunteer efforts - YYF will cover your accommodation and living expenses onsite, you just need to get yourself here and return. We'll provide:
- Garma 2017 ticket at no charge
- 3 meals per day
- Camping accommodation on a spectacular bush site
- Transport to and from the Garma site
Also you will have opportunities to access your selection of the Garma programming, be provided with a volunteer t-shirt, all Garma 2017 programming, the chance to learn and experience the beauty of the Yolngu culture.
Successful applicants are required to;
- Fund their own transport requirements to and from Gove. There are daily Airnorth flights to Gove via Darwin and Cairns.
- Be available to arrive on Friday, 28th July and depart on Thursday, 10th August 2017 (these dates are strictly non-negotiable).
- Be over the age of 18.
- Be flexible, patient and have a can do, get-the-job done attitude
- Be able to work as a member of a team
- Willing to assist in erecting tents and completing sometimes menial tasks
- Be willing to undergo a criminal history check.
- Provide a copy of a NT working with children card.
Please note: All successful applicants will be required to apply for;
- National Police Clearance; and
- NT working with children clearance.
For further information, please contact the Garma Volunteer Coordinator: Phone: 08 8945 5055 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Postal address: PO Box 42119, Casuarina NT 0811