Application to Volunteer at Garma 2019 are open
Application closes on Friday 15 March 2019
Volunteer Position Applications
Volunteering at Garma is a rewarding, insightful and unique experience. The delivery of Garma will involve long hours of outdoor work, and applicants need to be relatively healthy and fit to match our Garma crew. Many of our volunteers work closely with our site and ticketing teams. In return for your volunteer efforts – YYF will provide:
- Garma 2019 ticket at no charge
- 3 meals per day
- Camping accommodation on a spectacular bush site
- Airport Transfers to and from the Garma Festival site
Volunteers will also have opportunities to access your selection of the Garma programming, be provided with a volunteer t-shirt, the chance to learn and experience the beauty of the Yolngu culture.
Successful applicants are required to:
· Organise and fund their own travel requirements to and from Gove. There are daily flights available through Airnorth or Qantas via Darwin and Cairns.
· Be available to arrive on Friday, 26 July and depart on Wednesday, 7 August 2019.
· Be flexible, patient and have a can do, get-the-job done attitude.
- Be able to work as a member of a team.
· Willing to assist in erecting tents and completing sometimes menial tasks.
Please note: All successful applicants will be required to apply for and undergo:
- A National Police Clearance; and
- NT Working with Children Clearance.
For further information, please contact the Garma Volunteer Coordinator:
Phone: 08 8945 5055
Postal Address: PO Box 42119, Casuarina NT 0811